Sunday, April 27, 2014

Just Uploaded the Pictures ~

Andreaz & a friend Yudi picked us up early Monday morning~  We had rented a car  & Andreaz kindly offered to drive us to Semarang!  We thank YOU again Andreaz to doing  this for us!
The new highway has finally opened up after 5 yrs in the making - so we were at the airport in an hour- WOW! How nice for all the people in Salatiga and surrounding areas to now have this new toll road opened - what a difference it has made in driving time!

We said good bye and off we went to Air Asia counter!

Tickets had been purchased online so check in went smoothly!  Yep - just one suitcase - nice!

Off we went on our first leg to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, went through customs, picked up our suitcase and then checked in our suitcase again at the next desk and off to Thailand!

They do not forward your suitcase on to the next airline EVEN though we stayed with Air Asia - humm!

We met Kristine our neighbor and had a nice conversation with her!  She teaches English in Chiang Mai in Thailand but actually born in Palembang just like Nick and lived in Salatiga before taking this job in Thailand!  She said she wanted to experience teaching in a foreign country and even hoped to teach in the US some day!  It was very nice to chat with her!

Much success Kristine!!!!
Arrival in Bangkok ~


Yep through immigration again - and Nick collected the suitcase!  OK Nick - we made it - 5 pm gosh woke up at 5 am and we have been traveling ever since!

We took the airport bus into town and then caught a taxi to the hotel.



*********
Next day ~ Tuesday I had the appointment with the surgeon at 11 am - might as well take care of business - that's why we're here!

The hospital~ Bangkok Medical Centre also known as Bangkok Nursing Home goes back to the early 1900 ~ it has grown into a beautiful facility!


Gosh - we are rest assured all will go well! 



The doctor Dr Yongsun was ready to see me and ordered the needed tests - ultrasound, blood and heart - and he asked when we wanted to have the surgery?  How about the next morning?
  He said fine!

7 am in the hospital and at 8:30 am they brought me into the change room.  And before I knew it I was rolled into the surgery room...waiting for the Dr to arrive.  I prayed lots of scripture and was so peaceful...just meditating on my Lord!  Ah....the peace!  When the doctor entered...it all went pretty fast - they must of given me the shot....I don't even recall - I was GONE!

The surgery itself took 1 hour the doctor said - and the recovery room 2 hrs - and I was wheeled into a very nice private room where I saw my Nick!  Yes waking up in recovery - and realizing it was already over...gosh I thank the Lord for His care, His peace and His guiding Hands ~  We are very very thankful! 



Thumbs Up!  Thank you Lord! 

Thank you Doctor Yongsun and nurses!
As you can see the room was really nice ~ even a couch for Nico! 

Bangkok is a BIG city!
 They kept me in the hospital one night.  Nico kept me company and brought the laptop in so we could get caught up with our email!

 The nurses were adorable and looked so cute in their nursing uniform - !  Sharp little outfits that were tailored - very very professional!

 So strange to see my name up there - yes it has been a LONG time since I stayed in a hospital - actually I thought about it - but it has been since I had my 2nd child - Jason!  Now that is a long time isn't it?  He is 34 years old!
 Dr Yongsun came in the next day - the day of release - and he showed me on the TV screen my surgery on a DVD!  Gosh that was quite amazing - Nick & I thought!  We saw the hole - and the mesh put in - all through the laproscopic incisions~ I had 3 incisions.  2 on the left side - and one below the belly.  Interesting!  He was very kind - and very detailed...we had lots of questions!  He had me walk to see how I was responding ...and said I was very "strong" - "Thank you Doctor...does that mean I get to go home now?"

Yes it does!  So at 3 pm they released me and off we went down the street to the outside coffee shop! So good just to sit in the Sun for a little bit before going back to the hotel!  And that is what we did - had some coffee & a snack just before we headed back to our hotel room - walking slow and careful...like a little old lady I did!  ha! 
I was sent home with 5 prescription's - gosh...my stomach was blown up with a lot of "hot air" as the saying goes!  Ha! But as you can see - everything has gone well...Ellen is following Doctor's orders and we are slowly but surely feeling better day by day!  Today Sunday - is the best! 

Again Thank YOU ALL for your care, prayers and concern!  Received so many sweet messages  ~ it gave us great comfort!  Much Love to all and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

We appreciate your love & friendship! Each and everyone of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment