Saturday, January 18, 2014

Around the House

Nick is down on the floor/look at him doing some work!  Gosh he is getting more & more Indonesian
everyday!  Nico...doesn't that hurt?  Doesn't that stop the flow in your legs?  Once I am down I can't even get up again....no squatting .....it  is way too hard for this Dutch girl!  That part of  "Indo" I do NOT have! HA!
Every time I walk into the garage I think...gosh is that really "our toys"?  I keep wanting to ride more and more...and THEN IT RAINS!!!!   Well one thing....I am feeling more confident each time I ride now!  I did some riding around on a busier street following Nick ahead of me...and I do feel much better about it!  You just have to be aware of your surroundings. I am so glad I am starting to feel that confidence now!  Like anything in life...it takes practice! 
Our front entry room (that we don't use because everyone comes through the garage) is our wash-line when it rains.  All the glass in the house is tinted....so no dear friends: no one sees our undies hanging there...ha!


We received/borrowed some  furniture pieces,
so it makes for a nice little sitting area...don't you think? 




Our dining/computer area is comfortable enough!  At least we can sit and blog and have someone over to joy a meal with! 





Nick got a little table for me to get the suitcase off the floor...he said he didn't need it! 

HEY.....who's is that in the reflection????





 We did got a little table for outside the kitchen area...so we can sit and eat our breakfast - do a little reading or just put up our feet & hang out for a while!




 Nick made a delivery the other day and I was pleased to see him just like so many people here- take it on the bike! 




 With a little rope and tied down to the bike...
off he went!

                   Way to go Nico!!!!



"See you in a bit
Nick....remember you have that box on the back when you make the turns!"



Jason and Milou wanted to send us a Christmas card and asked us for an address.  We were able to use a local address...so Jas & Milou ordered the card "online" and we got it just the other day!  It took 3 weeks - but at least we received it!

Yes here she is my little Skyler! 19 months already!!
Wow...this Oma is so' proud of her little girl!
Thank you Jas & Milou!!!!  



We do have a house number now...Endah helped us & we decided it would be 23A!  So Nick painted it on a piece of wood! 

 Yohanes came by to lead us to where "Solafide" fellowship evening would be held.  He had his drum box with him that he had made for the group.  It is way cool...and we were quite proud of his work!  Yohanes is leaving to return to Sumatra tomorrow....so the evening was a "good-bye for now" gathering as well!  His family lives here in Salatiga so that is how we met 2.5 months ago!  He came home from Sumatra because his grandmother was not well...but thankfully she is doing so much better again!





Lucie gave me a big smile and little Daniela too was looking over!



We were quite impressed...a hole in the back...and then you sit on top of this box...and then drum it on the opposite side of the hole....and the hollowness gives it a nice sound!


                   Nice Work Yohanes!






We enjoyed singing some songs together and had prayer and a Word from Kevin!



 We enjoyed the evening....and Hey I see that Aan and Yohanes were posing for me!  Take a quick shot!
Wow what a GREAT smile you guys!
Thanks!  
Most everyone comes by motorbike - so you can imagine how the front yard looked this evening.... full of them! 
 It was around 8:30 pm when Nick & I left...and it always amazes me to go outside and find it so calm and comfortable still!  Not even nippy!  We enjoy the ride home in the dark...just comfortable going through the streets in the evening in the evening breeze!  So soft the weather is here on the Equator!  I must admit... I forget that we ARE!
(well south if it actually - we crossed over the Equator going through Sumatra actually!)


1 comment: