Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Oh My Goodness a Real Shower and Would you believe it a BED!!!!!!

 We purchased a hot water heater (electric) and it is the most wonderful thing....Yes a real shower!!!!! Our first in 3 months!  I know - it sounds so simple and yet for so many people - it is not.

Nick & I are thankful to have taken our pail & scooper to the bathroom these past months and I hope to always remember that...BUT - it was ever so sweet to have constant hot water again!  Yes!  We feel blessed and thankful!


 Nick is so handy - and we know that the next family/or renters might appreciate the hot water heater and be willing to take it over from us!

In the mean time we are appreciating a shower again!  



Nick has attached it to the cold water shower head and then had to mix it with some piping etc...so' thankful for such a handy guy!  Go Nico!
 This picture is taken for my Uncle Paul in Portland again!  He loves these candies he enjoyed when he lived in Indonesia - right Oom Paul?  As you can see I have not yet opened the box - but will do so soon!  Just got it at the store - we were thinking of you!
 I was waiting for Nick who was in the hardware store and while I was waiting - I saw this cement truck unloading cement bags...yes on the guys head....OUCH! Aren't those BAGS heavy?  They ....
 ....certainly are!  Ouch again!  He has really strong neck muscles!!!! 
 Another interesting fruit...this one is a Star fruit - look how cute you can cut it!!!!  Oh and it taste really nice...let me see if I can describe the taste....juicy like a orange, there is a tartness too and yet  it has a sweetness of its own to it - unfamiliar actually..hmmm...let me think..Nick how about you...how would you describe it...take a bit would you??????
 Nick says it is between a apple and an orange..oh my goodness...lets see what the internet says:
                   Star Fruit/Carambola    (read up on it- click on the link!)

I love to discover these new fruits...interesting huh?  Oh by the way did you find out what the other fruit was in my last blog????         It was called a Dragon Fruit    Dragon Fruit/Pitaya  


What beautiful fruit our God has created huh?  He is marvelous and a awesome God!

   Yes! So creative!!!

                          How do you like this color?  Oh was given a red one and there is also one that is white inside.  One is a little sweeter then the other one. 
So the very latest news.... we are now sleeping off the floor on a real bed!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT????   Our dear friend Endah - the daughter of our landlord - who we so much enjoy knowing - and her sweet family...well she heard on the local Facebook Group here, that we were looking for a bed - our request was "does anyone have a bed to use for 6 months?" 

Endah came to us the other day saying she did....hers!  "Oh my,... Endah - no no! Not your own bed!
We appreciated your kindness and offer BUT we don't want you without a bed....of course not!"

The next morning, we heard a voice in the garage - and it is her father - he had come to deliver
"THE BED!"  Oh my...we were overwhelmed, humbled and beside ourselves!!!  What kindness!!!  And her father bringing it to us!  Taking it apart & then delivering it to us...my!!! 

Have I ever given up my bed - No!  We let our parents use our bedroom when they came to visit us from California....but that was only a week or so!  BUT actually giving up a bed for someone else - someone you just got to know????!!!!

"Dear Lord, bless our dear friend Endah,  and her gracious and loving heart Lord!
Bless her and her family!! Bless her parents Lord who have been so kind to us too..by letting us stay here in the house another 6 months!  May we learn from Endah, Lord to have such a giving a heart" 

Guess who is going to snooze really well this evening??????? 
You betcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment