Sunday, January 19, 2014

Oh My Goodness....I am finally getting the Hang of it!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Oh I just got home with Nico - riding around on the scooters for a couple of hours here and there and everywhere....and I must admit it helps a WHOLE lot to criss-cross through town among the cars, busy traffic, lots of motorbikes going left, right, and around this 'mama' and still feeling OK about it! YEAH!!!!! 

We stopped for a coffee break at Cafe Lotus (where we had lunch once before) and the staff was so' friendly!  How we love to sit and just chat - and they love to practice their English (Inggris) and we throw a whole lot of Behasa (language) Indonesian in there too!  
By the way among themselves they speak Javanese (on this island of Java) their own language and dialect and then there is this formal language called Behasa Indonesian which they speak in the shops or in town or going to other areas(islands) but again among themselves the people speak their maiden languages/dialects.  Cute because at times Nick & I can hear the switch.  Because all at once we do not recognize words! 
Eko, Wisna, Windi and Erwin wanted to have some pictures taken of us together with them...which they did with their smart phones  and then, of course, my camera too comes out of the purse!  
With it being Monday today, it was really quiet at the restaurant so we received full attention and service!

Nick is helping someone learn the art of painting - so he stopped off at the art shop and I waited outside with the bikes!  
 


 OK so I took a picture of myself waiting outside on the bike...I just had to...can still not believe I am actually riding my own motorcyle!!!! 
 Look at that face....a face proud & thankful I can still do these fun things...yeah at 63 - I must admit!                                Still got it in me!!!!!

  Oh my what fun to let the wind blow in my face...it always makes me think of my sis Maralin and how many years she has already enjoyed riding her bike...way to go Sis...and now finally 'Big' sis is catching up with you in that!  I do love the freedom of the ride...surely we should have a couple of these 'toys' when we get back to the States...yes?  Maybe just to ride around town with!  Can't imagine not doing so!

Coming around the corner comes a dokar (horse drawn carriage)  - always so' cute to see - and the driver & I nodded - and he gave me a big smile!  This is their livelihood.  He was coming from the market area - probably just dropped someone off - or heading to lunch! 




 Cute huh?  And the little bag under the tail collect the 'you know what' from dropping on the ground.  The horse has a tassle on his chest and then his eyes are covered on the sides to keep him from seeing all the distractions (are there are many!!!!)
I am sure it was lunch time!  People stop their daily jobs to eat, nap and relax a bit ~

 While waiting for Nick who was in the shop - this lady too was coming down the street from the market place.  Oh my, such a big bundle to carry!  She might have her own 'warung" ((stall) in front of her house and is heading home with her goods!  Such a big load to carry!


 So much to carry! Oh my! Does she do this everyday you wonder? 
 OK - here is my first OFFICIAL motorbike picture with the girl feeling more and more assured all the time!

 Gosh! We finished running around - but gosh never get enough of this riding....oh well - time to head home I guess?????? Yes Nick says!  We did a good 2 hour ride...go home and have a bite to eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment