Monday, June 30, 2014

The Garden Tomb close to the Damascus Gate

 It was Monday - and we decided to take it easy all morning...so I did the wash - how nice to be able to use the appliances here in the house!  Very nice indeed!  It would be another hot day...so the wash was dry in just a short time!  Then around 2:30 - we headed out of the house...and decided today we would go to the Garden Tomb just outside the Old City wall at the Damascus Gate.  There was a market out on the sidewalk ~



 I love to see all the fresh fruits, veggies and fresh breads for sale!  I want to buy it all!  It looks so good! 
 ....And it smells so good too...my weakness....BREAD! 
 Oh gosh look how colorful....a candy store....with lots of different kinds of candies!  How hard for the kids to pass by! 

Oh yes it is Ramadan...too...that must also be hard for the people...to have to sell...and yet not to eat...till after 6 pm.
 We walked along the Damascus Gate to find the Garden Tomb sign???

 Ah...Look Nico...there it is....!







We turned a corner and took this alley into the Garden area.





 He is Risen....

.....He is Risen Indeed!

 May I introduce to you Riki....!

As I walked through the Garden area...I asked a question about What number of the tour I was on...(I had received a earphone)...and as I listened to this person talking - I thought to myself..."I recognize that accent!" and yes you guessed it....A Dutchie! 

Riki has been in Israel since 1978 - can you believe it?  Wow ...and she met "Martin" from Germany there!  Fell in love, married  & are serving here together!  And they have been living here ever since!  It was so nice to talk to Riki and I could of talked for a much longer time..."there was certainly a connection- yes in the Spirit!"   A very cute Dutch girl...here in Jerusalem! 
 Riki & Martin made a CD together and I can't wait to listen to it...I am sure it will be lovely & such a blessing! 

Of course she speaks fluent Hebrew ~  Wow pretty neat huh?!!!!
Nick & I were ready for some dinner...we go out for one meal a day.  A nice Greek salad with some really nice Wheat bread with a garlic dip....hmmmm....good!  

 It was Monday - and busy...and this was a really nice place to eat ~ Rincon.
 The restaurant overlooked the newer section of Jerusalem below. 

We are trying to fatten up Nick...he orders a ice coffee and received a coffee milkshake instead...but  NICK LIKES!  Good go for it Nico...gotta get that weight back on you! 

It was a short day today...just late afternoon...and early evening...now time to go back to the house!
We are still a bit tired....yes we are out and about everyday since we left Indonesia...and lots of fun mind you - but still..all is walking and riding trams and more walking!  The "gypsies"
are traveling-gypsies again....after 10 months of staying put in the same place.  Now we are seeing and experiencing new places and people again!  Nick & Ellen Likes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment