Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My First "Real Day back in Holland"!

 Oh What A Day!!!!


"Yes!"  I said to my daughter in law...yes I will come and babysit my darling grand daughter Skyler! 


So I come up the stairs...Singing - "Old MacDonald had a Farm" and with big eyes she stares at me trying to figure out again who that person might be!

Then she says "OMA" and I melt!  Yes this Oma melts...when she smiles with those beautiful blue eyes...and looks at me with such a cute cute Look!


 We played...we went out to the little park across the street - we walked hand in hand down and around the block...what fun it was!



 We enjoyed a special time together and before you knew it Momma was home again! 

Then Jas too came home from work and we shared a nice time together...fixing dinner and enjoying special family time!
 Jas makes a really good Risotto and so he & Milou spoiled us with this special treat ~ we enjoyed spending time in the kitchen...preparing and chatting and for me...watching my son in his "fatherly roll as family man" was a delight to see! 

Oh how wonderful it is as a parent to see your children well & happy! 

This mother is proud! 

 Jas the Chef did a great job...it took an hour to prepare this dish...with crunchy chicken strips added too...and a salad!

And a nice glass of wine. 
 My little Skyler has been taught well...she enjoys eating cucumbers, red bell peppers and tomatoes...yes a whole dish she finished with this little fingers one by one!  So' healthy Skyler!
 Oh what a happy day for me!!!


 So special !!!!!!  "Opa America" took the picture...we are called Oma & Opa out of America and so Skyler will be able to keep track who is who!  She has seen her Opa & Oma America on the Skype and I think she has connect us now!



Tineke my girlfriend enjoy walks together with "Ben" her Lab of 5 years.  He is her pal & buddy and Ben has a good life at the van Ooijen house!

I use to work at the very Bakery that Tineke still works at since she was 13 and I was 18 years old...so together we enjoy lots of good memories -

The Bakery Maison Kelder is right down the street from her house is the very shop we both worked at!. 

Nick & I enjoyed a great day...with the family and spending time with my girlfriend too!  Can you believe it we have known one another already 45 years...!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment