Saturday, August 30, 2014

Visiting my Cousin's Today & Family!

Our mom's are sisters....can you tell?  They say Lyda & I look alike ~
Nick & I enjoyed a lovely afternoon with our family in Rijswijk~ Lyda & Ron and their two daughters & families!  So Special!  Lyda's brother - Luuk also came with his 2 sons Duncan & Sem!  What a great time we had!  Wonderful to be together again!
 Quincy & Wendy and their little girls Djazzmin on Papa's lap and Malin on Mama's lap! 

I was so glad Lyda let Luuk know we were coming - 

Luuk with his sons Duncan and Sem! So great to meet them! 











What is that Dylan????







Lindsay had a little gift - how sweet!

I like the words!

 Yes have to keep smiling!!

Thank you Lindsay & Dylan!

Next time we meet Erno - Dylan's Papa!!!
 The ladies were preparing a nice dish for us - sate with peanut sauce & french bread - Lekker! 
 Mom with her two beautiful daughters Lindsay & Wendy~ 
 Ron invited the two cousins to sit on his lap!  OK...we better do that!!!  Say "Cheese!"










 Ron are your knees holding out?????

Ouch?

Great to talk to the girls and hear how everyone is doing! 
 We enjoyed talking and listening to music - Ron & Lyda love Barbara Streisand ~ and told us she had come to Amsterdam and they went to see her!  Wow what a Big treat!

 I told them about Jackie Evancho and Barbara doing a duet!


 Lindsay & Dylan stand outside and wave good-bye! 
 **************************************

 We headed home and came across a VERY familiar street - Pieter Langedijkstraat - Yes the very street & apartment we lived in as a family before we immigrated to the United States in December 1956!  There on the top floor right above the pine tree!  Wow....I just had to take a picture!



 Across from our apartment was a park...and it was still there too!  I remember my father going to work on his bike / motorbike and I was waving to him as he passed by this park!  I remember the rose bushes (no more!) and the thorns (ouch!)
 I remember the stores we shopped at - at the end of the street -Betje Wolfstraat...and my kindergarten school down this very street! 
   Memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment