Thursday, September 11, 2014

An Indonesia Restaurant in a very Familiar Neighborhood!


 Tineke & I had saved up some stamps from the grocery store...save the stickers and then you get to choose a restaurant that cooperates and pay one and get the 2nd meal free!  That sounds really good...and of course we decided to try the new Indonesia restaurant called "Blue"   We walked to the restaurant and on the way I saw some familiar sights! 
 This is a street I use to walk with my grandpa...taking walks with him to the park!
 This store on the right was the grocery store I would go shopping for my grandparents on Saturday morning!  Just down this street on the next corner is where I lived in 69'. 

Below is the side view of the house I lived in with my grandparents!  Lots of memories!!!  I still see "Oma" looking out the window with her little hankerchief always in her hand!   My Mom & sisters lived & grew up in this house as well!



 This restaurant was very modern looking inside...but the building was over 200+ years old...if not older.  If I recall this use to be a bakery that I would go to as well on Saturday morning for Oma!  So fun to see all these old sights...and walk along streets I use to walk!  But this sure was not old looking ~ they had done a beautiful job - very modern! 

The restaurant was called "Blauw" (blue)

Our waitress was born in Bandung....hey we have been there!  How cool is that!  She was a pretty girl!  Just had to take a picture with her!!!


 Tineke posed by the wall...old pictures of the Dutch-Indo days!







 We got there at 7:00 pm and finished at 10:15...it was a lovely meal...very very tasty and the Chef knew how to prepare a real Indonesia meal!  Delicious!!!!  ......"Enak Sakali!" 


"Blauw" (blue) is a name for one who is mix Dutch/Indo...well that was the both of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment