Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Just a little of This & That's!


 We met Edward (father's side) & Ingrid for dinner on Saturday...here in The Hague...they knew of a Indonesian restaurant they had visited recently!  "Million" the dachsund came along too! 

We had a very nice time together!  Ingrid will be going to Argentina for a week preparing for a tour group soon!
 Nick & I returned the borrowed car back to Edward my other cousin (mother's side) we were so grateful for the week to have the car -

When we got there on Monday morning - Eddy - Edward's son arrived with another car for us to borrow....oh my goodness - how kind is that????!!!!!!

 Eddy has curls just like his father...so cute!  He quickly got the Lancia ready for us...and we were well taken care of by cousin and nephew! 






Across the street my girl friend Tineke works - at the Bakery - Maison Kelder - so we dropped in to say "Hello!" - and there she was behind the glass..."Oh Tineke you look so cute - she had an ear phone on her but quickly removed it!  Can you imagine that...she has worked for this place 41 years! 
 Tin gave us a walk through the bakery...there was only one person who I had worked with so long ago back in the 70' - it was Fiorenzo - who was 18 when he was hired to come and work here from Italy as a student! 
 Fiorenzo & I posed for a picture....POLLY THIS ONE WAS TAKEN JUST FOR YOU!!!!!

 To the left is Luuk Jonker ( the son of the owner I had worked for) but it has changed ownership now.



See Pol....Fiorenzo "said Hello to you Polly!" and he of course remembers you when you visited me here in Holland!

 Here is the new car...a Lancia!  Wow - we continue to be blessed!
 I came down this familiar street and decided to go down to the end of it...it was the house I had moved to when I left CA in 1969 to come and visit my grandparents! 

The door to the left was the entry to the upstairs ~  On the 2nd floor was the kitchen, bathroom, living & dining room...and then another flight of stairs there was 2 very small rooms and 2 larger rooms! 
 Chruch Street...Kerkstraat! 
 I would help Oma with her shopping and run her errands to help out...and I would wait in the morning at 7:30 am for Tineke to arrive by bus and she would knock on the door and we would then walk the balance of the way to work to the bakery on the Weissenbruchstraat!  Yep - did that for quite a few years actually!
 Good memories....I lived with Oma & Opa for at least 3-4 years I think until I got married and then we actually lived upstairs! 
 Yesterday was a really nice day...gosh!  So we even put the Sun shade down on our balcony! 
 We decided we really wanted to have some bikes to ride around on - these bike paths are so lovely and so very convenient...everywhere!  So we found out we could rent them at the train station...and so Nick & I walked over there and Lo and Behold...it was so!  Oh gosh...now I really feel like a Dutch girl....riding a bike in Holland!  I don't think I have ever done that before!  It was so much fun!

 Nick & I paddled to Scheveningin and took a nice walk along the boulevard!  People were out last evening too...strolling!  I feel blessed to be able to do some of these things! 

The pier in the distance is so very much a part of the scenery here in Scheveningen - yet we are hearing that it is hardly being used and they might even tear it down....Oh gosh...that just can't be...it has been around  f o r e v e r !!!! Scheveningen ~ Pier


No comments:

Post a Comment